Accounting Manager, Grants & Contracts JobDallas, TX
Why You'll Love This Job
Manages all fiscal functions related to assigned grants, contracts, and/or other sponsored activities (hereafter referred to collectively as “grants”). These functions include but are not limited to budgeting, reporting, billing, accounting, organizational and compliance accountabilities.
- Manage the development of grant, contract, and other sponsored activity (“grant”) budgets, including revisions, amendments, etc., based on a thorough understanding of grant terms & conditions, cost sharing, program income, and the organization’s personnel, activities, revenue sources, and funding needs.
- Develop and implement appropriate allocation and distribution methodologies for apportioning revenues, costs, clinical activity, space utilization, personnel effort, etc.
- Ensure the allowability of expenditures charged to each grant.
- Create and/or generate queries/reports from the General Ledger (GL), Electronic Health Record (EHR), and other sources to correctly identify, quantify, and allocate grant-related transactions.
- Ensure periodic billing to sponsors/administrative agencies (AAs) for all assigned grants are accurate, on time, and that correct payment is received and recorded. Process draw-downs for relevant grants.
- Participate in sponsor/AA fiscal monitoring visits, entrance/exit meetings, audits, etc. Respond to sponsor/AA questions and requests for information.
- Design, modify, and/or produce internal/management reports/dashboards of revenue, expenditures, unexpended balances, program sustainability, etc.
- Plan and collaborate with non-financial program staff in clinic, pharmacy, research, marketing, and other areas. Develop related models, pro formas, scenarios, business plans, etc.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of shared/reference documents, calendars, grants-related policies & procedures, and other required management/compliance needs. Recommend process improvements.
- Interface with General Accounting and Revenue Cycle leadership to ensure grants are properly reflected and maintained in the ERP/accounting system, in the payroll system, and in the EHR/patient accounts system.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of all aspects of grant funding at PHNTX. Take responsibility for accuracy of grant accounting work products, and for data cleaning/wrangling data as needed.
- Adapt to changing processes, priorities, and methods. Adhere to sponsor and other deadlines.
- Participate in ongoing and special projects such as but not limited to annual budget process, financial planning, reports to Board of Directors, annual audit and tax activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Grants and Contracts Accounting staff
Skills & Qualifications
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Fund Accounting.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookup and pivot tables required. Proficiency developing and using macros preferred.
- Ability to analyze financial data, create visualizations, and prepare financial reports, models, scenarios, and forecasts required. Proficiency with Tableau, PowerBI, or similar product preferred.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, training, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. Master’s degree, certification(s), and/or certificate(s) in relevant field strongly preferred.
- Experience with reporting and financial management of grants and/or contracts required.
- Experience in a healthcare and/or research setting required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ total related work experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 3 years’ total related work experience with a Master’s degree.