Community Engagement Coordinator JobDallas, TX
Our Core Values
The culture at Prism Health North Texas is built on our shared Core Values. We make hiring, firing, promotion and performance review decisions based on these values and behaviors, so it is important that you also share these Core Values:
- We are solution seekers. The organization’s founders found solutions even during the AIDS crisis of the 80’s; we remain proactive, thrive on change, and always willing to take the lead.
- We have a can-do attitude. We are flexible, agile, and never say, “It’s not my job.” We always seek growth, and we are never late but always willing to stay late to see the last patient.
- We are mission driven. We are committed to health equity; recognize all contributions are meaningful and valued. It is never about the me or I, but about the we.
- We care about people. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion; we are kind and practice acts of kindness, all in service to our patients and each other.
The Policy, Advocacy and Community Engagement Coordinator (PA/CEC) establishes overall coordination of PHNTX services and opportunities to ensure adherence to the organization’s mission and values.
The (PA/CEC) will facilitate the geographic and demographic visibility of PHNTX and its services, including but not limited to, engaging, and collaborating with organizations and individuals inside and outside of Dallas County as well as organizations and events that serve identified priority populations. The (PA/CEC) will also identify opportunities for organizing and mobilization related to PHNTX’s policy priorities.
- Works closely with the prevention teams to identify community partnerships that support sites and venues for testing, condom distribution, and prevention activities and engages community to participate.
- Utilize needs assessment results to determine geographically suitable partnerships.
- Supports community engagement at events
- Assist with identifying and managing a group of specific community members that make up the Sexual Health Advisory Group (SHAG), created to provide feedback on clinic-based HIV/STI services
- Plan for and attend quarterly SHAG meetings and population priority focus groups
- Assist with data collection and sorting
- Provides social media content and information to the marketing/social media team for PHNTX events, activities, and content that supports PHNTX policy priorities.
Serves on assigned external/internal committees or groups to ensure cohesive knowledge of partnerships.
Coordinates and manages PHNTX voter registration, engagement, and mobilization program.
- Develop core advocacy trainings and build civic buy-in with staff and external partners through conferences and key meetings.
- Develop and build relationships with key decision makers, task force, and community members, attend virtual and in-person meetings focused on related policy and advocacy issues as needed.
- Present and position as a subject matter expert on relevant issues to organizational key policy issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Manager and/or Director.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of systems that manage STIs, HIV and related risk factors desired
- Cultural awareness and demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations including LGBTQ+ communities and racial/ethnic minorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Skilled in outreach, assessment, and organizing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Word software applications including Excel
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, set objectives, and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, and weekend hours.
- Dependable transportation and current Texas Driver’s License and active auto liability insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related social service field and supervisor experience. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.