Financial Navigation Manager JobDallas, TX
Why You'll Love This Job
The Financial Navigation Manager provides direct management of the Financial Navigators amd Health Benefit Navigators (HBN’s), who serve individuals with and without HIV/AIDS seeking coordinated care and access to medical, dental, psychosocial, and prescription assistance services. The managed staff provide financial navigation to Prism Health North Texas (Prism) patients with the various forms of grant and other funding accepted by Prism. The Manager oversees insurance verification, referral health care services, non-medical case management, pharmaceutical assistance program and TX HIV medication assistance program. This supervisor ensures full utilization of funding and compliance with regulations and statutes and provides support during internal and external audit processes.
- Manages Financial Navigator and HBN activities to ensure patients receive high quality care and the organization complies with applicable rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary trainer, facilitator, and mentor for newly hired Financial Navigators and HBN’s by overseeing a 2–4week new employee onboarding schedule to include required state and agency trainings.
- Provides supervision and guidance to staff regarding appropriate client communication, client care, maintaining boundaries and appropriately managing patient concerns/needs and financial assistance questions.
- Conducts quarterly patient case reviews to ensure that the Financial Navigators and HBN’s are accurately applying and documenting insurance verification and eligibility for programs such as Sliding Fee Scale and Ryan White.
- Develops Financial Navigator and HBN protocols and procedures.
- Conducts timely case assignments for patients with identified Financial Navigator needs.
- Plan and Implement monthly departmental Financial Navigator/HBN meetings.
- Participate in speaking engagements and other community partnership efforts as needed.
- Notify supervisor of staff management challenges, interdepartmental challenges, barriers to care, systems abuse, facility and equipment issues, performance by referred service providers, and client grievances/complaints.
- Review, document, and follow up with Financial Navigators/HBNs to ensure that insurance verification, program eligibility, and appropriate referrals have been completed and received, ensuring proper financial coverage of visits at each of the Prism clinic locations.
- Review, document, and follow up with Sliding Fee Scale (SFS) Follow up team to ensure that SFS Policy is being followed and that proper financial documentation is acquired from the patient by the established deadline.
- Review, document, and follow up with health insurance assistance (HIA) referrals submitted by team members before submitting them to HIA coordinator for processing.
- Conduct weekly meetings with assigned team members to address concerns and issues, changes that impact the agency or their duties and to highlight and celebrate accomplishments.
- Review and process Financial Navigator case assignment requests and document case assignments in the electronic health record.
- Conduct quarterly patient case reviews to ensure team members are complying with client standards of care, documentation standards, and data entry requirements to support efficient care delivery.
- Assist in developing case management and patient services protocols and procedures.
- Conduct 1:1 supervisory meeting with assigned team members and meet as needed to prioritize staff needs and address challenges.
- Conduct weekly team meetings with assigned team members to address patient concerns and issues, changes that impact the agency or their duties and to highlight and celebrate accomplishments.
- Manage patient grievances and advance concerns to senior director according to established protocol.
- Respond to patients via the patient portal and route messages as appropriate based on content of message.
- Collaborate with clinic managers to address concerns/issues related to Financial Navigation, Health Benefits Navigation, patient services, and clinic workflow.
- Participate in pre-audit preparation and help during the audit process as needed.
- Provide back up to Financial Navigators/HBNs as needed.
- Facilitate special projects and funds; such as but not limited to Uber rides, GDMAF processing, rental assistance, Dallas Furniture bank; documents outcomes in the electronic medical record system.
- Manage all program specific duties and is responsive to grantor deadlines
- Manage processes to document patient encounter notes and logs for referral to health care services, medication assistance and case management.
- Outline a documentation process to manage medication assistance encounters for all processed, submitted, approved, and denied applications.
- Delineate relevant reports to support mediation assistance and referral to health care services.
- Actively engage in relevant community-based meetings, ad-hoc committees to support patient care.
- Lead team meetings to discuss patient care and current patient loads.
- Keep an accurate monthly log for all tangible goods.
- Manages communication with partner agencies.
- Manage hiring, termination, counseling and disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, and employee attendance/vacation schedules.
- Manage team coverage including PTO requests to ensure adequate in office and offsite patient services coverage for patient services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Approximately 5-15 Financial Navigators and Health Benefit Navigators, depending on patient volume
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and databases.
- Ability to work in a positive and empathetic manner with persons who have HIV/AIDS.
- Working knowledge of medical/psychosocial resources and the medical and psychosocial complexities of HIV/AIDS.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to collaborate with health and social service providers.
- Ability to perform duties of assigned team members.
- Ability to lead presentations and facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in social or behavioral science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years experience providing case management, financial navigation, and/or medication assistance for people living with HIV and/or other chronic conditions preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in supervision and/or leadership of case management, financial navigation, medication assistance, or housing related programs/services.
- Texas licensure (LMSW or LPC) is highly desirable.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly desirable.