Medical Front Desk Supervisor JobDallas, TX
Why You'll Love This Job
The Medical Front Desk Supervisor manages the flow of patients in a clinical setting, both in-person and on the phone, seeking to be Scheduled to see a Practitioner, properly Registering new patients, and ensuring that Registration/Front Desk policies and procedures are being followed and maintained by the Registration/Front Desk Staff.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Provides Oversight and Supervision for the follow Registration/Front Desk responsibilities:
- Answers telephone to take complete messages or relays calls efficiently to staff or to voicemail. Receives guests and announces them to appropriate staff.
- Checks in clients, verifies patient demographics and insurance, update forms and consents, and controls the collection and reporting of co-payments.
- Maintenance of outgoing voicemail message for scheduled closings.
- Incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
- Maintains adequate inventory of office supplies, purchases office supplies, and organizes supply room/cabinets.
- Cross-trains and maintains other position description and Medical Assisting skills.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and procedures or methods and make recommendations to the clinic administrator or associate clinic administrator for appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction that support the overall goals of the Agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Registration and Front Desk Staff.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have experience in Supervising staff by providing direction and leadership.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage staff, deadlines, and daily expectations of a Physician’s Office Front Desk/Registration area.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and high level of professionalism.
- Must have strong sense of professional boundaries and communication skills.
- Must be experienced with Excel, Word, and Outlook and data entry.
- Must be able to handle multiple, ongoing tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to coordinate effectively between multiple departments.
- Must be able to work with all types of people.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma or G. E. D.
- Must have 2 or more years of experience Supervising and Managing a Registration/Front Desk staff in a medical facility or physician’s office.
- Must have 5 years’ experience in a medical facility or physician’s office.
- Bilingual preferred.