RN/LVN Assistant Clinic Operations Manager JobDallas, TX
Our Core Values
The culture at Prism Health North Texas is built on our shared Core Values. We make hiring, firing, promotion and performance review decisions based on these values and behaviors, so it is important that you also share these Core Values:
- We are solution seekers. The organization’s founders found solutions even during the AIDS crisis of the 80’s; we remain proactive, thrive on change, and always willing to take the lead.
- We have a can-do attitude. We are flexible, agile, and never say, “It’s not my job.” We always seek growth, and we are never late but always willing to stay late to see the last patient.
- We are mission driven. We are committed to health equity; recognize all contributions are meaningful and valued. It is never about the me or I, but about the we.
- We care about people. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion; we are kind and practice acts of kindness, all in service to our patients and each other.
The Assistant Clinic Operations Manager (ACOM) is responsible for oversight and management of clinic functions that support the delivery of patient services at the clinic. The ACOM will be responsible for supply procurement and management; medication and vaccine procurement and management, including compliance with state vaccination programs; reference lab vendor relations; CLIA point of service lab compliance; supervision, training, and oversight of Medical Assistants and other non-licensed clinic staff, and other ancillary duties as defined by the Clinic Manager and required to ensure that clinics services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner. Additionally, the ACOM will serve as a management representative in the clinic and oversee all day to day clinic operations for staff, providers and patients in the absence of the Clinic Manager
- Serves as a role model to staff in demonstrating compassion, respect and caring while working within the nursing scope of practice to provide individualized, safe, and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors.
- Assists Clinic Manager in the planning, recommending, and implementating strategies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical service delivery.
- Coordinates and oversees the procurement and management of medical and office supplies and equipment to decrease variability in inventory and promote fiscal responsibility while maintaining adequate supplies to meet patient care demands.
- Oversees the Adult Safety Net (ASN) vaccine program for assigned PHNTX clinics, including oversight of monthly audit, staff training, audit and management of all errors and discrepancies, and ensures no gaps in program enrollment.
- Proactively implements measures to promote a safe and equitable culture in the clinics, ensuring all staff, patients, and visitors are valued and respected.
- Promotes open communication with all staff.
- Provides direct supervision, oversight, training, and regular competency and skills training to Medical Assistants and other non-licensed clinic staff.
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations and goal setting for all direct reports, and participates in disciplinary actions in coordination with the Clinic Manager.
- Recommends policy changes which enhance and support quality initiatives, enhances workflow processes, and continuous quality improvement to always strive to improve the quality of care delivery in the clinic.
- Assists Clinic Manager with operations oversight upon request.
- Collaborates with other ACOMs and Clinic Managers to ensure standardized processes across all PHNTX clinic operations.
- Conducts monthly inventory of medications for all clinic sites overseeing the storage and tracking of all medications to ensure patient safety, eliminate extra costs, and meet regulatory requirements. Reassign medications and inventory between clinics as needed to avoid waste.
- Conducts chart and other audits as deemed appropriate and based on clinic and organizational goals and objectives.
- Participates in continuing education and other appropriate experiences to improve professional competence.
- Conducts annual skills competency check-offs and works with Clinical Compliance to maintain competency records for all clinic staff.
- Ensures all clinic staff follow organizational policy and procedure related to reporting of employee or patient incidents to Compliance and assists with follow up and mitigation of patient complaints, when directed by Clinic Manager.
- Fulfills other administrative and practical duties as assigned by Clinic Manager.
- Provide supplementary care to patients as needed within the scope of their licensure
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical assistants
- Support Staff
Skills & Qualifications
- Medical knowledge of HIV/AIDS, as well as sensitivity to Persons Living with HIV (PLWH).
- Excellent verbal and written skills with proven track record of the ability to communicate with health professionals of multiple disciplines, patients and their families.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to develop and teach appropriate educational materials for varying levels of health literacy and preferred learning modalities.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Dependable transportation and current Texas Driver’s License and active auto liability insurance.
- Associate’s Degree Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years applicable nursing experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with the Texas Adult Safety net vaccine program, supply, and medication management preferred.